FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Questions related to accounts: Frequently asked questions regarding account sign up or account settings
- I forgot my password.
- I received an e-mail about the temporary suspension of my account.
- It seems that someone has created an account pretending to be me.
- I received a suspicious e-mail.
- Is it possible to have two LAYLA accounts?
- I forgot my user ID.
- A message appeared saying that my login information is incorrect.
- I cannot sign up for an account with my e-mail address.
- The message "Already signed up" was shown when creating an account
- I have not received an e-mail confirming my account sign up.
- How do I close (delete) my LAYLA account?
- How can I register my current buyer accoun as seller account?
Questions related to listing products: Frequently asked questions regarding listing products for sale
- I would like to check what products can be listed on LAYLA for sale.
- Only my listed products have been deleted.
- The products I listed are not displayed on LAYLA. Why?
- I would like to know about LAYLA's policies regarding images and description text.
- I feel that only a few Buyers checked my listed products.
- Can I re-list a product?
- Can I change the content of my listing?
- How do I report products that are violating LAYLA's policies?
- Images are not being uploaded normally.
- I want to cancel a listing that is currently displayed on LAYLA.
- I don't really understand the composition of commissions.
- How do I check products for which transactions have been completed?
Questions related to payment: Frequently asked questions regarding payment
- I have not received payment from Buyer.
- I want to refund payment to Buyer.
- I don't understand LAYLA's handling fee.
- I want to confirm the billing invoice.
- My account was suspended because my payment to Seller was delayed.
Questions related to delivery: Frequently asked questions regarding delivery
- I would like to report a Buyer who is exploiting the Return Policy.
- I shipped the product, but Buyer contacted me and said the product has not arrived. How should I respond?
- I would like to know how to add tracking numbers.
- LAYLA's shipping address and PayPal's address are different.
Questions related to problems: Frequently asked questions regarding how to respond when a problem occurs
- I want to report bugs/technical issues in the LAYLA website.
- I want to report a Buyer that has violated LAYLA policies.
- I want to contact PayPal's Customer Support service.
- I was unable to solve a problem with a Buyer.
- I received a complaint that Buyer has not received the product.
- What is PayPal Buyer Protection?
- How are Sellers protected in a case where a Seller loses on a complaint from a Buyer?
- What happens when a complaint from a Buyer ends with a decision that is favorable to the Buyer?
- The product returned by the Buyer was a different product from the product that was sold to them. What should I do?
Questions related to rating: Frequently asked questions regarding rating
- What is "rating"?
- What are the Seller rating standards?
- How can I become a LAYLA Certified Seller?
- Is it possible to revise or delete my rating?
Questions related to Trancsaction: Frequently asked questions regarding price offer
- Seller has accepted my offer, how can I place the order?
- I can't delete some items in shopping cart
- How can I contact seller after seller has accepted my price offer?
- I want to negotiate shipping cost when I negotiate product price with seller meanwhile
- 1-1 I forgot my password.
- On the "Can't log in" page, enter your e-mail address and name, then click on the "Send" button. You will receive an e-mail providing password reset instructions. Follow instructions to reset your password.
- 1-2 I received an e-mail about the temporary suspension of my account.
There are two main reasons for receiving an account suspension:
- Violation of LAYLA's policies
- Unpaid payment of LAYLA's handling fees
If your account has been temporality suspended, you will receive an e-mail to your signed-up e-mail address notifying you of the reason for the account suspension and the procedures necessary for revoking the account suspension, etc.
- 1-3 It seems that someone has created an account pretending to be me.
- If you notice a new account setting or change in the settings that you do not recall making, log in immediately to LAYLA and to your account and change your password and security question. If you are unable to log in, click on the "Contact Us" link on the LAYLA website and notify LAYLA of the situation immediately.
- 1-4 I received a suspicious e-mail.
- if you have received a suspicious e-mail, send the e-mail in question to firstname.lastname@example.org and, if the e-mail purports to be from PayPal, also send email to email@example.com. In addition, NEVER click on any link provided in a suspicious e-mail.
- 1-5 Is it possible to have two LAYLA accounts?
- It is possible to sign up for two LAYLA accounts by changing your registered e-mail address. However, the functions of two accounts may be limited based on examination outcomes. Note: If you have two LAYLA accounts and one of the accounts is (temporarily) suspended, the other account may also be subject to restrictions of usage.
- 1-6 I forgot my user ID.
Your LAYLA User ID is your signed up e-mail address.
If you have forgotten your e-mail address, go to the "Contact Us" page and contact LAYLA.
- 1-7 A message appeared saying that my login information is incorrect.
- Please check that you have entered your e-mail address and password correctly. If you are still unable to login to LAYLA, go to the "Can't log in" page and reset your password.
- 1-8 I cannot sign up for an account with my personal e-mail address.
- There may be some e-mail addresses that may not be permitted to be signed up as a LAYLA account e-mail address. If you are unable to sign up using a specific e-mail address, try a different e-mail address.
- 1-9 The message "Already signed up" was shown when creating an account.
- The e-mail address you wish to use for signing up is already being used. Try logging-in (signing in) or reset your password and check whether the e-mail address is already registered.
- 1-10 I have not received an e-mail confirming my account sign up.
- It is possible that your e-mail inbox is over its capacity (full), or that the e-mail was erroneously treated as junk mail (spam mail). Check whether there is free space in your inbox if the e-mail is in your spam folder. Also, check to make sure that your e-mail is set to receive e-mails from the domain name "layla-ec.com".
- 1-11 How do I close (delete) my LAYLA account?
Before you close (delete) your account, please contact LAYLA. If there is a problem that can be solved, we will endeavor to resolve the situation.
[Important] When you close an account, it is not possible to re-open that account. If you wish to create another account in the future, please register using a different e-mail address. Please note that all the data accumulated in your account will be lost when you close the account.
Log in to My LAYLA and go to the "Withdraw Membership" page to carry out membership withdrawal procedures. Note that it is not possible to withdraw membership in the following cases.
- There are outstanding payments for products you have purchased.
- There are undelivered products for which you have received orders
- There are unpaid marketplace commission fees.
- 1-12 How can I register my current buyer accoun as seller account?
- Please complete your PayPal registration first and go to "Change customer information" and tick "Seller registration", fill in necessary information. Seller application will need to be reviewed by LAYLA.
- 2-1 I would like to check what products can be listed on LAYLA for sale.
There are some products that are prohibited from being sold on LAYLA. If you listed a product classified as a "Prohibited/Restricted Item", your account may be restricted and you will be unable to carry out transactions, or your account may be suspended.
For details, visit the "Terms and Conditions for Use" page.
- 2-2 Only my listed products have been deleted.
It is not possible on the LAYLA website to automatically find out the prohibited products among all the listings. Therefore, those products that are in the same category with the deleted prohibited products may still be found. However, those policy-violating products will be deleted as soon as LAYLA team finds out.
On the other hand, if you find a listing that seems to be in violation of a LAYLA's policy, please report from "Contact Us" to LAYLA. Items that have been reported will be reviewed by LAYLA before deleting.
- 2-3 The products I listed are not displayed on LAYLA. Why?
Products that have only just been listed or whose listing has just been revised may not appear immediately in LAYLA search results. Generally, products are possible to be found in search result within 24 hours after having been listed, but in some cases, this may take longer in order to ensure the safety of transactions on LAYLA.
If you still cannot find a product after 24 hours or more, please try the following method.
- Check if there is an error in the title of the listed product. Avoid using special characters such as "!", "/", or "@" in product titles. Also, check to make sure to leave spaces between words. For example, if you were intending to enter "AMAT PCB", you may have actually entered "AMATPCB".
- Check if the listed a product is product that is permitted to be listed. Prohibited products and products against LAYLA's regulations will not be shown in search results.
- Check if search keywords are included in the title of the listed product. For example, if words like "Silicon" and "Wafer" are not included in the listed product’s title, the product will not appear in the results of a search made using the terms "Silicon Wafer".
- 2-4 I would like to know about LAYLA's policies regarding images and text.
On LAYLA it is not permitted to use photographs or other images or text that are not created by yourself. However, exceptions can be made if permission has been granted by the owner of the image/text or their representative or in accordance with the law.
The best way to ensure that you follow LAYLA’s policies is to take photographs of the product and write description text by yourself. This avoids the risk of accidentally using someone else’s photograph or text, and there is no concern with getting permission to use the photograph/text from a third party.
When listing a product, check that you are in compliance with the above guidelines. If you are not in compliance, your product listing may be deleted, restrictions may be placed on your buying/selling authority, your account may be suspended, or other measures might be taken.
- 2-5 I feel that only a few Buyers checked my listed products.
Please make sure that you provide effective product titles and explanations, easy-to-understand and detailed product descriptions, and list your products in appropriate categories.
In order to have Buyers better understand and increase their willingness to purchase your products, use techniques to make your products stand out, such as using large-size images or increasing the number of uploaded images.
- 2-6 Can I re-list a product?
- No, it is not possible to re-list a product. Please make a new product listing.
- 2-7 Can I change the content of my listing?
- Yes, basically it is possible to add, delete, or change information in listings.
- 2-8 How do I report products that are violating LAYLA's policies?
- If you have found out a product that violates LAYLA's policies, go to the "Contact Us" page and contact LAYLA.
- 2-9 Images are not being uploaded properly.
- First check if the images can be displayed using another browser or try deleting cookies (deleting browsing history).
- 2-10 I want to cancel a listing that is currently displayed on LAYLA.
- There may be cases where, after a product has been listed on LAYLA, you find out that the product is defective or has missing parts, etc., and want to withdraw the product listing. If no orders have been placed for the product, the listing may be withdrawn at any time. If orders have been placed for the product, it will be necessary to refund payments and/or pay cancellation fees.
- 2-11 I don't really understand the composition of commissions.
- At LAYLA, there are mainly two kinds of commission fees: commission fees when a product is purchased/sold and commission fees when a product order is canceled. For details on these commission fees, see "Product Prices/Payment Methods".
- 2-12 How do I check products whose transactions have been completed?
- You can check these on the Purchase History page or Sales History page in My LAYLA.
- 3-1 I have not received payment from Buyer.
- In the case where payment is not received, first contact Buyer directly to check the situation and work on solving the problem. If Buyer does not make payment within a specified number of days after the order has been placed, the marketplace will carry out cancellation procedures. In such cases, the cancellation fee will be charged to the Buyer. There is no charge to the Seller.
- 3-2 I want to refund payment to Buyer.
Depending on the situation, there are several methods to refund to Buyer. But first of all, contact Buyer to find the best way.
To contact the Buyer:
- Log in to "My LAYLA".
- Click on "Check e-mail" from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Search and select the history of inquiries with Buyer who you want to refund payment to.
- Edit your message and click on the "Send" button.
- 3-3 I don't understand LAYLA's handling fee.
- At LAYLA, there are mainly two kinds of commission handling fees: handling commission fees when a product is purchased/sold and handling commission fees when a product order is canceled. For details on these commission handling fees, see "Product Prices/Payment Methods".
- 3-4 I want to confirm the billing invoice.
LAYLA does not issue invoices. Order confirmation e-mails are used in place of invoices. However, it is possible to issue invoices for individual orders.
How to issue an INVOICE
- Log in to "My LAYLA".
- Click on "Order History" from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the "invoice output" button on the right side of the target order slip.
- 3-5 My account was suspended because my payment was delayed.
There are two main reasons for receiving an account suspension
- Violation of LAYLA's policies
- Unpaid LAYLA's handling fees
If your account has been temporarily suspended, you will receive an e-mail to your signed-up e-mail address notifying you of the reason for the account suspension and the procedures necessary for cancelling the account suspension, etc.
In the case of unpaid handling fees, to reactivate the account it is necessary for the user to pay all outstanding handling fees in a single payment.
- 4-1 I would like to report a Buyer who is exploiting the Return Policy.
If you suspect that a Buyer is misusing (exploiting) the return policy—such as by sending empty boxes without the product to be returned, products that are not the purchased products, or products that have been used—report the Buyer to LAYLA from "Contact Us" page.
At the same time, please revise your Buyer rating on the Sales History page. Based on reports received and information related to the Buyer’s transactions, LAYLA will take appropriate measures against Buyer, including suspension of their account. Furthermore, in order to avoid monetary losses related to product shipments/returns, we recommend using transport insurance to cover loss or damage occurred during transport.
- 4-2 I shipped the product, but Buyer contacted me and said the product has not arrived. How should I respond?
In the case where the product is lost after it has been shipped, first contact Buyer in order to understand and resolve the situation. To contact Buyer, send Buyer an e-mail from the "Check e-mail" page in "My LAYLA".
In transactions conducted on LAYLA, the Seller must take responsibility for a product until is safely delivered to Buyer. In order to avoid problems, be sure to use tracking numbers. We also recommend Buyer to check with their assigned carrier directly.
- 4-3 I would like to know how to add tracking numbers.
- Seller must take responsibility for a product until it is safely delivered to Buyer. One inquiry that LAYLA often receives is "I don’t know the whereabouts of the product I purchased". If the Buyer is able to check the delivery status of a purchased product for themselves, they feel a sense of security, and will give the Seller a higher Seller rating score. When Seller updates the product’s tracking number from the "My LAYLA" page, Buyer is also able to check this information from the "My LAYLA" page.
- 4-4 LAYLA's shipping address and PayPal's address are different.
- Even if the actual delivery address is the address registered with LAYLA, Buyer may have a different address registered with PayPal. In this case, if a legal case (motion for complaint) takes place due to reasons such as "The product has not been delivered" or "The product differed from that described" via the PayPal Buyer Protection System, the Buyer’s petition may be deemed reasonable. Therefore, before shipping the product, request the Buyer to register the same address with PayPal as their registered LAYLA address (or amend their PayPal address).
- 5-1 I want to report bugs/technical issues in the LAYLA website.
Functions on LAYLA may occasionally and temporarily stop operating without a warning or error messages displayed. In such cases, first, if you are logged in on to your LAYLA account, it is recommended that you log out and then log in again.
If the screen display is slow, try deleting your browser's cache (cookie information and browsing history) (For operating your browser, please refer to the Help tool of the browser that you are using).
- 5-2 I want to report a Buyer whom I believe has violated LAYLA's policies.
First, check that Buyer is indeed violating LAYLA's policies by checking the policy content on each LAYLA website. If after this you still believe that Buyer is violating LAYLA's policies, please report that Buyer to LAYLA.
LAYLA also takes the history of all users, including Sellers and Buyers, into consideration when checking or endeavoring to understand a situation. In doing so, LAYLA makes decisions based on how individual cases were handled or resolved and the impact of responses to negative behavior/problems. Furthermore, in the case where there is no solid evidence, LAYLA may choose to not make any decision. LAYLA does not disclose the details of decisions.
- 5-3 I want to contact PayPal's Customer Support service.
Please see PayPal's Frequently Asked Questions.
> PayPal FAQ link (external)
If a problem is not resolved, please contact PayPal from their Contact page.
> PayPal Contact link (external)
- 5-4 I was unable to solve a problem with a Buyer.
Regarding problems between Sellers and Buyers on LAYLA (for example, a product that was supposedly shipped has not arrived, unpaid payment), first please try and resolve the situation amongst the parties involved. If the problem still cannot be resolved, it is possible to raise the problem to LAYLA and ask for a judgement. From the "Contact Us" page, please e-mail the payment slip number and details of the problem to LAYLA.
> I want to make a refund to Buyer.
> I want to report a Buyer who is exploiting return policy.
> I shipped the product, but Buyer contacted me and said the product has not been delivered. How should I respond?
- 5-5 I received a complaint that Buyer has not received the product.
- Responsibility for product delivery falls on the Seller, not the Buyer. In this case, the Seller should check the product's delivery status immediately.
- 5-6 What is PayPal Buyer Protection?
PayPal provides a system whereby Buyers who purchase a product using PayPal and then experience problems related to the purchased product can receive compensation under certain conditions. For details, please refer to "PayPal Buyer Protection System".
> PayPal Buyer Protection System (external)
- 5-7 How are Sellers protected in the case where a Seller loses on a complaint from a Buyer?
In the case of complaints that purchased products have not arrived, Sellers may be protected from unfavorable decisions arising from the complaint if they submit proof of delivery of the product to LAYLA. "Proof of delivery" refers to tracking information from the transportation company that clearly shows the following information.
- Tracking information showing the delivery status as "delivered".
- Date of delivery (reflecting the date on which the product was shipped within the handling period specified by Seller).
- The details of the order of LAYLA, or the payee's address stated in the details of PayPal's transaction, at least the name of the town or state or province, the zip code or equivalent.
In the case of complaints where "the product differs from the description", it may be possible for Seller to avoid an unfavorable decision by submitting documentary evidence proving that the product description was appropriate. Documentation of the following provides appropriate documentary evidence.
- If the Buyer has claimed that the "product is used, not new", the description in the product listing clearly stating that the product is "used".
- The Seller has clearly explained the product’s defects.
- The product has been described appropriately, but Buyer might have decided that they do not want the product after they received it.
- The product has been described appropriately, but it does not meet Buyer’s expectations.
- The product has a slight scratch and it was listed as "used".
- 5-8 What happens when a complaint from a Buyer is resolved with a decision that is favorable to the Buyer?
In the case where the decision is favorable to Buyer and it is determined that it is necessary to provide a refund to Buyer, Seller must carry out refund procedures if the payment has already been received.
In the case where Buyer has claimed that the product sold by Seller is not authentic, and the decision on the complaint is favorable to Buyer, LAYLA may take measures to punish Seller, including suspending their account.
- 5-9 The product returned by Buyer was a different product from the product that was sold to them. What should I do?
- In situations where it has become difficult to resolve the problem between Seller and Buyer, such as when Buyer "returns" a different product from that purchased or when the product is in worse condition than when it was shipped, Seller may file an appeal against LAYLA. After LAYLA has investigated the case, if the decision is found in favor of Seller, the case will be recorded in Buyer’s rating records. If similar cases continue to occur (if it is believed that there is a pattern), an action may be brought against Buyer for fraud. In order to monitor for potential abuse, the number of times Sellers submit such claims is also monitored.
- 6-1 What is "rating"?
- "Rating" means, when you buy or sell items on LAYLA, you can leave an evaluation (feedback) for the transaction. Likewise, the other party involved in the transaction can also leave feedback. It is strongly recommended to leave feedback after each transaction has been completed. Leaving feedback is also a way of informing the other party that the transaction has been completed. Over time, LAYLA team will build up a Feedback Profile and reputation based on comments and evaluations from other users. Feedback scores are the most important factors of a user’s Feedback Profile.
- 6-2 What are the Seller rating standards?
LAYLA expects that Buyers will feel satisfied with service on the marketplace by Sellers' consistently great service. When a Seller has listed a product for sale on LAYLA and a Buyer purchases this product, a contract is concluded between the Seller and Buyer. For Seller, this contract includes not only a contractual obligation to Buyer, but also an obligation to provide service in proper manner. If a Seller does not fulfill this obligation, a Buyer will not be satisfied then resulting in a low feedback score rated by Buyer to Seller.
LAYLA expects all Sellers to always provide a high level of customer service to Buyers and request that Sellers do their utmost to fulfill the expectations of Buyers from the beginning of a sale until the transaction is done.
The manners that Sellers are expected to protect are in the following (not limited to) areas.
- Provide reasonable shipping fees and delivery services
- Provide a return policy
- Respond to Buyers' questions promptly
- Act in a professional, friendly, and polite manner throughout the transaction process
- Deliver products to Buyers exactly as described in the product listings
- 6-3 How can I become a LAYLA Certified Seller?
To award Sellers who consistently carry out good transactions, LAYLA has established a system to rate these Sellers as "Certified Sellers". In order to become a LAYLA Certified Seller, Sellers must fulfill certain specified performance standards.
For details, please see "Becoming a Certified Seller".
- 6-4 Is it possible to revise or delete my rating?
Both Sellers and Buyers can leave feedback regarding the other party they sold products to/purchased products from. Rating of a Seller can be viewed by all LAYLA users. Thus for Sellers, feedback is an evaluation of themselves.
Posted feedback can be changed afterwards. Feedback may change if problems arise during a product’s warranty period. If you wish to revise feedback content, go to My LAYLA and revise feedback you have previously left on the Feedback page.
- 7-1 Seller has accepted my offer, how can I place the order?
- Your order will be automatically transfered to shopping cart afer seller accepting your order. You can modify purchasing quantity there as well. If you fail to complete the order within 5 dyas, the offer will be canceled automatically.
- 7-2 I can't delete some items in shopping cart
- Order triggered by price offer function can't be deleted and will disappear after 5 days automatically.
- 7-3 How can I contact seller after seller has accepted my price offer?
- Please use contact seller function through product page.
- 7-4 I want to negotiate shipping cost when I negotiate product price with seller meanwhile.
- Please use build-in message function to tell seller to modify your order amount after order placed. Seller can modify oder amount after receiving order.